These two sisters, Londi and Marin, arrived at their One Year Challenge sites after long hours of flying, lots of planning and many prayers. Londi arrived this past Sunday afternoon, Marin, at 1 a.m. this morning! We are so encouraged by their faith.
Marin first started considering an OYC about two years ago. Londi, less than six months ago. But both of them had to face similar questions: How do I decide if God wants me to go? Where would be best? How do I do this?If those are the questions you are facing, try reading more about good ways to decide, bad ways to decide, and how to talk with your parents about an OYC. Or watch a short OYC Guys video about how to talk with your leaders about an OYC, what to do when you've been told you're not ready, or choosing a better way to decide. Pray that the Spirit will guide you.
Who knows? It could be you in a future OYC arrival photo!
New Content on the One Year Challenge Blog:
- Ministry Work: Visible and invisible ministry work, especially mission work, is not like an ordinary professional job. There is an element of mystery to it. Read about how understanding the its invisible nature can help us see that, above skill and expertise, ministry work requires faith.
- The City and its Need:Tim Keller writes about how the city is a "accumulator of the energy of culture" and "is also an accumulator of the potencies of evil." The cities have a special need for the gospel message too.
- Great Images: Summary of Proverbs Check out this infographic summarizing what you need to know about the book of Proverbs.
- What We're Reading Today: From The Four Loves: "The only place outside heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is hell." Each week we post a selection from a book disciples who are considering going on a One Year Challenge could read as part of their preparation.
- Monday Music: Songs from "OYC Sites Around the World" this week's Monday Music comes from Australia. We have a great OYC site in Sidney.