This week, an usual set-up for a baptism at one of our OYC sites. While preparing to fill the baptism pool, the water faucet broke off at the wall, sending water spraying out all over the balcony! Some quick-witted OYC guys devised a "water slide" from a yoga mat and got the pool filled (and the water main turned off!) in time for an encouraging baptism.
Kamm (pictured below, at right) was met by a group of OYCers who studied the Bible with her for several months, watching God build faith in her heart and love for Jesus. The sharing and singing at the baptism was moving!
Kamm is just the kind of "long term investment" the OYC guys are taking about in the video below:
New content this week on the One Year Challenge blog:
- The Great Commission: Not a Matter of Giftedness – It's easy sometimes to see someone go on missions and automatically jump to the conclusion that going on missions is that person’s gift. Following the Great Commission is not about being gifted; it's about being obedient.
- What Kind of Man Should Go On Missions? Many people who are considering going on an One Year Challenge, will probably ask themselves: “What kind of person do I need to be to go on an One Year Challenge?” Read this article to find out.
- Great Missionary Lives: Eric Liddel – Did you know that Eric Liddell was a gold medalist in the Olympics as well as a missionary? His life is an example of bringing honor to God. Read about the missionary whose story became the famous movie Chariots of Fire.
- Great Images: The World's Ageing Population – There are many who are ageing who have not heard the gospel! Check out this graphic to see the world's different ageing populations.
- What We're Reading Today This week, we continue through Andrew Murray's The Inner Life with a featured excerpt for disciples who are considering going on an OYC.
- Monday Music: Songs from OYC Sites Around the World – This week's Monday Music is a gospel rock tune from Hungary, where we have a great OYC site.
Shared from One Year Challenge