The Columbia Church of Christ, located in the vibrant and growing capital city of Columbia, South Carolina, is seeking an experienced ministry couple to lead our singles ministry. Our singles ministry has seen a resurgence over the last few years and has been effectively led by Jon and Brittany Sherwood for the last several years. Jon and Brittany are moving to North Carolina to lead the Asheville Church. While we will miss the Sherwoods, we are sending them out with our blessings.
We are now seeking an ambitious new couple who can continue to build on the Biblical foundations that we have established as well as through specialized training from some of the leading singles ministry leaders and couples in our fellowship.
Columbia is the capital city of South Carolina and has a metropolitan area population of over 800,000. It is a family friendly community located two hours from the beach or the mountains. It is home of the University of South Carolina and it's 33,000 students as well as several smaller colleges and universities.
The Columbia Church has a great history in our fellowship, having begun as a campus ministry in the 70s and grown into a mature church of approximately 430 members. Our membership is very diverse in age, race and socioeconomic status.
We are blessed with a mature eldership and a dynamic ministry staff that enjoy great unity and partnership in the gospel. Besides a number of more mature disciples and empty nesters we also enjoy a thriving teen ministry, a growing singles ministry, an exciting young family ministry and a successful campus ministry. The Columbia Church also has a wonderful partnership with churches around the Southeast USA, in the Caribbean and with churches in Southern Africa, with a deep commitment to missions at home and abroad.
We are seeking a mature spiritual couple with the following qualifications:
- A man and a woman worthy of respect and imitation, being examples to the flock in character, faith, humility, and personal walk with God whose children (if any) and family life reflect their devotion and commitment to the gospel.
- Able to provide spiritual leadership to a designated group of adult members of the Columbia Church of Christ
- Able to give effective guidance and training to volunteer leadership to equip them to train others, to evangelize and convert non-Christians to Christ and membership in the church
- Able to plan, organize and coordinate outreach programs and events to reach and convert adults to Christ and to membership in the church
- A man and a woman who are maintaining a deep personal relationship with God through bible study and prayer as well as through relationships in the church (1 John 4:20)
- Able to conduct a personal ministry to lead people into a relationship with God and membership in the church, using the Bible to teach sound doctrine to individuals and groups. Provide individual mentoring, discipling, and training to volunteer leaders and members to bring them to a deeper understanding of the Bible and greater faith in Christ.