On Sunday, February 15, a ceasefire agreement went into effect in Eastern Ukraine, an area in crisis that has been devastated by fighting for almost a year.
- Approximately one million people have been forced to leave their homes due to fighting
- 1,000 children are living in bomb shelters in the eastern city of Donetsk and the UN Children’s Fund states that 1.2 million children have been impacted by the conflict
- Many estimate civilian deaths number over 5,358 with more people dying every day (224 deaths in January)
Currency in the Ukraine has lost 70% of its value. Official inflation on all goods reached 25% in 2014 and is predicted to reach 30% in 2015. Imported goods (including gas, clothing, medicine and electronics) have seen a 150% inflation rate. Banks have closed, companies have moved out and unemployment is growing.
HOPE worldwide Ukraine is ready to provide humanitarian assistance in seven cities in the Ukraine, including some areas directly impacted by the conflict.
Our current efforts that could be expanded with your help:
- Programs for children and women displaced by the fighting
- Coordination of blood donations
- Food for refugees
- Clothes and blankets for those without heat
- Psycho-social support for those in need
Your gift to our Global Disaster Response Fund can help make a difference today! Donate now >